I enjoy writing fictional stories, but not as much as technical papers. You might find this counter intuitive, but it is harder for me to write fiction than to draft a technical paper. The main work of a technical paper is the hundreds of hours spent in the lab or simulation work (aka research), after which reporting the results in a publication is a cake-walk. Relatively speaking, of course.
I have my PhD in petroleum engineering, so I have written some papers in this area of expertise. Below are some of my publications; some with links for your reading pleasure if production and/or reservoir engineering is your thing:
- Akanni, O., Nasr-El-Din, H.A., and Gusain, D. 2017. A Computational Navier-Stokes Fluid-Dynamics-Simulation Study of Wormhole Propagation in Carbonate-Matrix Acidizing and Analysis of Factors Influencing the Dissolution Process. SPE Journal Preprint, SPE-187962-PA.
- Akanni, O. and Nasr-El-Din, H.A. 2016. Modeling of Wormhole Propagation during Matrix Acidizing of Carbonate Reservoirs by Organic Acids and Chelating Agents. Paper SPE 181348 presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in Dubai, UAE. 26–28 September.
- Akanni, O. Mathematical Modeling of Wormhole Propagation During Matrix Acidizing of Carbonate Reservoirs. PhD dissertation, Texas A&M University.
- Akanni, O. and Nasr-El-Din, H.A. 2015. The Accuracy of Carbonate Matrix-Acidizing Models in Predicting Optimum Injection and Wormhole Propagation Rates. Paper SPE 172575 presented at the SPE Middle East Oil and Gas Show and Conference. Manama, Bahrain, 8–11 March.
- Seright, R., Zhang, G., Akanni, O., and Wang, D. 2012. A Comparison of Polymer Flooding With In-Depth Profile Modification. Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 51(5), 393-402.
- Seright, R. S., Zhang, G., and Akanni, O. 2011. A Comparison of Polymer Flooding With In-Depth Profile Modification. Paper CSUG/SPE 146087 presented at the Canadian Unconventional Resources Conference, Alberta, Canada, 15–17 November.
- Akanni, O. 2010. Analysis and Comparison of Polymer Flooding and Bright Water Reservoir Sweep Improvement. Master’s thesis, New Mexico Tech.